I've bought two handfuls of new gadgets in the last few months. Initially I was going to post pictures and a review of each one, but hey, I'm lazy, and that would have cut too much into my gadget time. Anyway, here's what's new in the land o' Pablotron gadgets:
- Samsung SGH-t809: A T-Mobile-branded Samsung D600 cell phone. Yes, this means i've finally joined the 21st century.
- Plantronics Discovery 640: Sweet (and tiny!) bluetooth headset. Keeps my hands free and my phone safe. I can also use it with Skype with my snazzy no-name USB bluetooth dongle.
- Slim Devices Squeezebox V3: This bad boy lets me listen to all my music and keep my room quiet. Slim Devices was recently aquired by Logitech -- hopefully they don't go down the crapper because of it. By the way, I've massaged both SlimServer and MythTV onto the same machine using VServers; if there's any interest I can post the gory details...
- Sony CyberShot DSC-T10: I loaned out my old digital camera and it was returned with a dead battery, covered in dust, and without the ability to take pictures. So far I'm pretty happy with this camera; the wealth of features almost makes up for the annoying proprietary sony memory crapola. Plus I eeked out a few more megapixels than Tom, and that's always fun :).
- Cowon iAudio X5 60G: I lost my H120, so I picked up the X5. It was time for an MP3 player with more disk space anyway. So far, so good. I like the screen, the USB host, and the built-in microphone. The audio quality on the H120 seemed a bit better, and I'm not a big fan of the extremely losable dongle (I bought an extra one, just in case). Did I mention that you need for line out, power, and USB? What kind of crackerjack design has USB Host on the player itself, but a dongle for line out and USB data transfer? The default operating system is okay, but I installed Rockbox anyway.