Lots of new stuff today. Version 0.2.0 of PLib is available, you can download it here. The latest version has vastly improved (but slightly incompatible) list and hash implementations. Also, Tom Gilbert has redone a lot of the POption code, added a PResource saver, and fixed a bunch of other stuff.
I've also released version 0.2.0 of
Pbfvm. You can download it
here. New features
include interpreter optimization, transparent zlib support,
one-liner support, piped interpretation, and a partial
"pseudo-ASM" implementation (which adds conditional statements,
copy, move, branch, return, and other tratitinal operations).
I wrote a really basic UDP chat client as a reference for my
friend's network programming assignment. I thought it was kind of
amusing, so I decided to post it for everyone else to play with.
Check it out here. It's
version 0.2 partly because I cleaned up a few things before posting
it, but mainly so I'd have 0.2 of everything. :)
The versions of Cam available on my Cam
page and through
CVS have been out of sync for monthes, so I decided to
finally get my act together. The latest version of Cam is
available here. Most of
it has been cleaned up and rewritten by
and there's too much new stuff to cover here. You will need the
CVS version of Feh
for some of the newer features, but it should work okay with older
versions of Feh as well.
Okay, so that does it for new software. As for my computer, I've
given up on bttv until they can actually get it to work without
destroying parts of my filesystem. On the plus side, I finally
got TrueType fonts working. I decided to whip up some new logos
for Pablotron as a test of the new fonts. The joke ones
are here and
here, and the logo
that I was thinking about using permanently is
here. Also, I'm
trying to move all the downloadable content on my page into the
Download page. It's slow going, but I
should be finished sometime later this week.
Oh yeah, I downloaded KDE 2.1
the other day. As most of you know, I don't really run
KDE, but I like to keep them
around for the application dependencies, and to see how they're
doing. Anyway, Konqueror is really good; it does everything that
Nautilus tries to do,
without dragging my computer to a screeching halt. Also, if
you're in to IDEs, then KDevelop can't be beat. Though personally,
I prefer Vim and
Ctags to an IDE.
Speaking of VIM, I just downloaded version 6.0w the other day;
the new vertical split feature is great. I haven't had a chance
to play with all of the other new features just yet, but 6.0w
has worked great so far. Lemme see, other new software...
GnomeICU 0.60.1 is
out. Avifile 0.53.5 fixes
Anyway, I've got more to say, but this news post is already
is my one funny URL for the day, and if you haven't seen it
before, check out Plastic.