PersistJS is a
library. Features include:
- Small (9.3k minified, 3k gzipped)
- Standalone: Does not need any additional browser plugins or
- Consistent: Provides a consistent, opaque API, regardless of
- Extensible: Custom backends can be added easily.
- Backwards Compatible: Can fall back to flash or cookies if no
client-side storage solution for the given browser is available.
- Forwards Compatible: Supports the upcoming versions of Internet
Explorer, Firefox, and Safari (Opera too, if you have Flash).
- Unobtrusive: Capability testing rather than browser detection, so
newer standards-compliant browsers will automatically be supported.
For a more detailed explanation and some examples, please see the initial release